This blog is in daily instalments starting from the bottom.....

My photo
Cheerful Bearded Cyclist

Monday 29 May 2006

Day 6 Crianlarich to Uplawmoor

Hello everybodypeeps,today it's been mainly not raining!! After yesterdays hard slog up Glencoe and the brutal wind and rain across Rannoch Moor, today was a piece of cake (except that it was sixty-four miles), We came down the A82 alongside Loch Lomond - we both decided to tak the low road. The going was good although the road surface was very choppy in places and my wrists and ankles were aching for a while. The picture of the two of us was taken at Tarbet and I think that may be Ben Lomond in the background. Last nights B&B was in a fabulous setting and the picture with cars in it was taken from our room (hope you can't see any reflection of a naked cyclist in the window - ughh!). We drove a couple of miles back up our route last night to a pub in Tyndrum for a meal. The food was good and there was a live band on - The Ragin' Bullfrogs - but after setting up and tuning for about an hour, most of the crowd had gone and we only lasted 3 covers - Lou Reed, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Simon & Garfunkle. Jan hustled me out when I was trying to shout for some Devo or Buzzcocks!! Thanks everyone for the e-mails, I'm trying to reply to them all but I'm pretty tired each evening and it's as much as I can do to write the blog but I WILL answer them all sooner or later. I'd like you all to sing a simple song that keeps me going for miles and miles. I'm sure you can work out the tune and the words are:One Scooby passed me, there's only one Scooby passed me, one Scooby passed me, there's only one Scooby passed me. And it was ....... Jan. She's been absolutely tops in sorting out the B&B's and keeping me fed and watered and feeling keen. Mind you, yesterday and today I surprised her and beat her to a couple of our rendezvous points. I even managed an astounding 30 mph on the A82 approaching the Erskine Bridge (a strong wind was behind me). I met a local group of roadies (road cyclists) after the bridge and had a good chat with one of their number - he gave me some good route advice to get me through Paisley, then at Barrhead I met a couple of roadies doing the end-to-end - they'd set out from JOG 3 days ago and were already ahead of me (they were doing over 100 miles a day), mind you I showed them a clean pair of heels on the drag up from Neilston to Uplawmoor (Jan had waved the promise of a beer under my nose).
Todays stats (the government will set a test on these):
Total miles so far : 330 miles
Todays Mileage : 64.5 miles
Todays Average : 13.3 mph
Todays max speed : 39.2 mph

Yesterday we grappled with the Grampians, today we tangled with the Trossachs, tomorrow we dive into Dumfries and Galloway. Bob & Jan
































No comments:

Post a Comment