This blog is in daily instalments starting from the bottom.....

My photo
Cheerful Bearded Cyclist

Sunday 4 June 2006

Day 12 - Rest day in Chester

After 11 days on the road (and our fourteenth away from home), it was good to have a day off here in Chester. Ali had booked us into a lovely hotel near the station (hence last nights photos of me in front of the station) and it was good to meet up with her and Darren for a meal last night before they went over to Manchester to watch the England friendly. Jan and I then spent the day strolling around the City. After an alfresco lunch I treated myself to a haircut and beard trim as I was looking a bit ragged after two weeks avoiding the shaver! Then we visited my Auntie and my cousin and his family and spent a very pleasant afternoon sitting in the sun reminiscing and chatting about this and that. We finished the day off with a visit to two of my other cousins where more reminiscing and tea-drinking took place. All in all today has been very therapeutic and we both feel fully refreshed and ready to carry on with our journey tomorrow. Todays photos are just a few snaps of Chester - it's a lovely place to visit.












No comments:

Post a Comment