This blog is in daily instalments starting from the bottom.....

My photo
Cheerful Bearded Cyclist

Saturday 10 June 2006

Day 18 - Camelford to St. Ives

More hills! I'm getting fed up with hills. Aren't there any flat bits in Cornwall? After taking ages to negotiate a few lanes just to the east of Bodmin, I've resolved to stick to A & B roads from now on - the lanes are nice but are too confusing (the signposting at best is vague and at worst is just plain wrong). I met Jan at a place called St. Columb Major where we had a pub lunch and heard the news that someone had tried to kick our front door in back at home! Hopefully the door is now secure and we can concentrate on completing the ride.

The afternoon fairly flew by - I took Paul's advice and used the A30 and found I was going at about 20 to 25 mph most of the time. I soon arrived here in St.Ives and even managed to beat Brian, Tina and Denise here (mind you they had come all the way from Sussex). We had a nice evening starting with a four course meal and then went for a short walk during which Tina re-enacted the Marilyn Monroe subway grille scene and Brian was flashing like mad! Currently we're all gathered in Denise's room, me tapping away at the keyboard and everyone else watching the telly! In theory there's only about 19 miles to go and I should be able to ride that in a couple of hours, so I'm going for an early breakfast tomorrow and hope to arrive at Land's End before midday. That should leave me enough time to get back and watch the footy!

Accumulated mileage : 981 miles
Todays mileage : 62 miles
Todays average : 12.8 mph
Todays maximum : 38.6 mph













No comments:

Post a Comment